ECORP is seeking a Technical Editor. This position could be based in any of our California offices (Rocklin, Redlands, Santa Ana, San Diego, Chico).
- proof-reading technical, scientific, and other company documents related to environmental compliance (e.g., biological assessments, cultural resources survey reports, CEQA/NEPA documents, and proposals, among others) to ensure consistency with ECORP’s Style Guide;
- tracking changes using Microsoft Word to check and correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, format inconsistencies, tables of contents, bibliographies, consistencies between text and related graphics, and overall format and style;
- where applicable, ensuring that documents meet government agency-specific formats (e.g., Caltrans, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers);
- assisting in the implementation of ECORP’s Style Guide, which includes document review protocols, procedures, templates, and formats. Responsible for tracking staff questions and comments on the Style Guide and annual reviews of the Style Guide to determine if revisions are needed;
- responsibility for ensuring that assigned tasks are completed on time and within budget; and
- other duties, as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following required qualifications and experience:
- a Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or closely related field;
- at least 2 years of technical editing experience;
- a demonstrated ability to work well in a budget- and deadline-driven environment;
- excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat);
- expert knowledge of grammar, usage, and style;
- superior oral and written communication skills;
- the ability to work well with technical staff and to interface with coworkers in a professional and ethical manner; and
- must be self-motivated and possess the ability to work independently.
In addition, the following qualifications, characteristics, and experience are strongly preferred:
- experience in one or more of the following fields: environmental regulatory compliance, biology, cultural resources, CEQA/NEPA, or a related field; and/or
- experience working for environmental consulting or architectural/engineering firms.
ECORP offers a comprehensive list of benefits and benefit options for its full time, regular employees.
If interested, please submit your application, and a minimum of two references below.
ECORP Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.