ECORP is seeking qualified, experienced, and dynamic senior-level Archaeologists for our Northern California practice. These positions are located in Chico and Rocklin.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- serving as a Principal Investigator on projects throughout northern California;
- coordinating project tasks to meet cost and schedule objectives;
- participating in field and laboratory work;
- working with cultural resources staff in other offices in a lead or support role;
- providing mentorship and leadership to mid-level and junior staff;
- authoring cultural resources technical reports;
- developing new business from referrals from new and/or existing clients and assisting with marketing efforts;
- preparing cultural resources proposals and assisting with the preparation of multidisciplinary proposals;
- assisting the Group Manager and/or Department Director with supervision and review of department staff members;
- advising clients and agencies on compliance matters; and
- serving as a tribal liaison.
Minimum requirements include:
- a master’s degree or higher in anthropology or archaeology;
- a minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience in environmental and cultural resources management consulting in California;
- Registered Professional Archaeologist (or ability to become certified as such upon hire);
- ability to carry out fieldwork and/or construction monitoring, which may require periodic travel and work in extreme or challenging physical environments;
- ability to function effectively in a fast-paced team environment but also to work independently;
- ability to work collaboratively with others in a smaller multidisciplinary office setting;
- willingness and ability to travel regionally for project and business development needs;
- a strong working knowledge of the federal and state regulatory settings;
- proven ability to senior author cultural resource management reports; and
- knowledge of the prehistory, history, archaeology, and ethnography of Northern California.
The following qualities and skills are highly desired:
- proven track-record of business development and staff mentorship;
- demonstrated experience serving as a consultant in an advisory capacity to clients;
- project management experience, including a proven ability to be on time and on budget;
- excellent problem-solving skills, particularly in complex CRM projects;
- ability to communicate effectively in writing and through oral presentations; and
- strong organizational skills and work ethic.
Our base full-time annual salary range is $66,560-$139,360. Starting salary is determined by relevant experience, education, certifications/permits, geographic location, internal equity and market conditions.
Please visit our website for a listing of all the exceptional benefits we offer our employees. If interested in applying for this position, please go to: https://www.ecorpconsulting.com/careers
ECORP Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this position
* all fields are required