ECORP is seeking motivated individuals in joining our team as On-Call Paleontologists for upcoming projects throughout California. As an On-Call Paleontologist, you will conduct paleontological monitoring of construction projects which may/will include: data collecting, interpretation of stratigraphic units, salvaging of fossils, preparation of daily monitoring logs, and other field tasks. The On-Call Paleontologist will work under the Principal Paleontologist and report directly to them.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in geology or paleontology and one year experience monitoring in the state or geologic province of the specific project.
- An associate degree and/or demonstrated experience showing ability to recognize fossils in a biostratigraphic context and recover vertebrate fossils in the field may be substituted for a degree.
- A.S. or A.A. in geology, paleontology, or biology and demonstrated two years experience collecting and salvaging fossil materials in the state or geologic province of the specific project.
- Enrollment in upper division classes pursuing a degree in the fields of geology or paleontology and two (2) years of monitoring experience in the state or geologic province of the specific project.
- Ability to identify vertebrate, invertebrate, plant, and trace fossils to Class or lower taxonomic level in the field is desirable.
- Ability to travel to various project sites for extended periods of time and work outdoors for extended periods of time in various weather conditions.
Our hourly rate range is $20-$33. Starting rate is determined by relevant experience, education, certifications/permits, geographic location, internal equity and market conditions.
Please visit our website for a listing of all the exceptional benefits we offer our employees. If interested in applying for this position, please go to: https://www.ecorpconsulting.com/careers
ECORP Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this position
* all fields are required