ECORP is searching for a qualified Biologist to assist Project Managers with complex, multi-disciplinary projects in a dynamic, collaborative environment. Key components include managing individual project tasks and providing direction to support staff; completing permit applications and regulatory documents; assisting clients with compliance of regulatory permits and project implementation; attending client meetings; interacting with agency staff; and conducting/managing field surveys as needed. Consulting experience preferred.
- Assist with project management (requires strong organization, ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines).
- Prepare permit applications and regulatory documents.
- Assist with review of prepared applications and documents.
- Prepare project scopes/proposals.
- Prepare and assist in managing project schedules.
- Attend project/client/agency meetings.
- Support senior staff and mentor entry-level and junior staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in natural science field, Master’s or PhD a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience including project and task management.
- Demonstrated abilities to work with regulatory processes and agency staff. Must have an understanding of the federal Clean Water Act Sections 404 and 401; Porter Cologne Water Quality Act; CDFW Fish and Game Code 1602; California ESA 2081; and ESA Section 7 and 10 processes.
- Experience with wetland delineations and/or other local flora and fauna field surveys.
- Knowledge of California biological habitats, species, and general conservation biology/ecology.
- USFWS/CDFW permits and Memoranda of Understanding a plus.
- Strong writing skills, effective communication and ability to collaborate with a diversity of staff.
ECORP’s mission is to consistently deliver high-quality environmental consulting services through outstanding science and timely, creative solutions for our clients, while providing an excellent work environment for our staff. We assist clients with regulatory needs including compliance with the Clean Water Act, California and Federal Endangered Species Acts, National Historic Preservation Act, California Environmental Quality Act, and National Environmental Policy Act.
We offer numerous professional development opportunities, a friendly and supportive work environment. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
Our base full-time annual salary range is $53,290-$92,435. Starting salary is determined by relevant experience, education, certifications/permits, geographic location, internal equity and market conditions.
If interested, please submit your application, and a minimum of two references below.
ECORP Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.