ECORP Consulting, Inc. is looking for a mid-level botanist to join the Natural Resources Department in the Rocklin office. We are seeking someone with field survey experience and excellent plant identification skills in a wide range of habitats, including the Central Valley’s vernal pool grassland community.
The botanist will be expected to:
- Conduct/lead field surveys for rare, threatened, and endangered plants
- Conduct/lead vegetation surveys, invasive plant surveys, and habitat assessments
- Conduct/lead monitoring surveys of open space preserves and restoration areas
- Organize and schedule needed surveys for the field season
- Prepare reports summarizing field survey results
- Prepare studies to support environmental permit applications and CEQA/NEPA biological sections
- Make determinations about the potential of rare plant species to occur in a given area
- Prepare cost estimates for plant survey work
- Support and train junior level staff on field plant identification and survey methods.
The requirements for the ideal candidate for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in botany, ecology, or related field. Master’s or PhD a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years related work or botanical/biology/ecology research experience. Consulting experience a plus.
- Excellent plant ID skills including keying plants with the Jepson Manual and communities with A Manual of California Vegetation.
- Experience with Central Valley vernal pool plant species.
- Experience with analysis of floristic/vegetation data and basic statistical methods.
- Strong organizational, time management, and technical writing skills.
- Familiarity with CDFW survey protocols.
- Experience with GPS units/ArcGIS Collector.
- Ability and desire to travel long distances to and from job sites that may require overnight stays
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule due to unforeseen or last-minute project needs.
- Ability to conduct strenuous field work in inclement weather/on steep terrain.
ECORP’s mission is to consistently deliver high-quality environmental consulting services through outstanding science and timely, creative solutions for our clients, while providing an excellent work environment for our staff. We assist clients with regulatory needs including compliance with the Clean Water Act, California and Federal Endangered Species Acts, National Historic Preservation Act, California Environmental Quality Act, and National Environmental Policy Act.
ECORP’s Natural Resources Department in Rocklin includes 40+ biologists and project managers who collaborate in a team-oriented atmosphere to meet project needs. We offer numerous professional development opportunities, a friendly and supportive work environment. Salary range depends on experience $24-$36 per hour.
If interested, please submit your application, and a minimum of two references below.
ECORP Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.