We are seeking an entry to mid-level Environmental Planner to join our team at our Chico office, playing a pivotal role in supporting our Project Managers with California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents. As a valuable addition to our dedicated team, you’ll have the opportunity to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team on diverse projects throughout northern California.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepare CEQA and/or NEPA documents, including site assessments, impact analyses, report preparation, and supporting agency coordination. Mid-level will prepare and manage the preparation of CEQA and/or NEPA documents.
- Conduct comprehensive research on regulations, policies, and best practices to inform project decisions.
- Collaborate with ECORP’s multidisciplinary staff of environmental planners, biologists, archaeologists, paleontologists, air quality/greenhouse gas specialists, and noise specialists to identify project requirements and develop solutions to meet federal, state, and local environmental regulations.
Our ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Planning, Urban Planning, Environmental Science, or related field.
- Entry level (0-2 years) should have relevant internships or academic coursework related to CEQA compliance, California environmental law, and/or urban planning. Mid-level should also have a minimum of 2 years of experience preparing CEQA documents. NEPA experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of impact assessment methodologies and the CEQA process as well as other relevant state and federal environmental laws.
- Willingness to learn and develop expertise in environmental regulations and CEQA Project Management.
Our base full-time annual salary range is $52,000-$68,000. Starting salary is determined by relevant experience, education, certifications, internal equity and market conditions.
Please visit our website for a listing of all the exceptional benefits we offer our employees. If interested in applying for this position, please go to: https://www.ecorpconsulting.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.